doc

AN investigation has been launched after a man was found dead, and two others taken to hospital, with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

Emergency services rushed to the scene after the alarm was raised at a holiday park near Peebles.

The chalets, known locally as the Soonhope Huts, were built alongside the track by the Soonhope Burn on the west side of Kittlegairy Hill.

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: “Police in the Scottish Borders were called to an address in the Soonhope area of Peebles at around 11.45pm on Saturday where three people had taken unwell.

“A 59-year-old man was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.

“A 60-year-old woman and a 31-year-old man were taken to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.

“Inquiries into the full circumstances surrounding this are currently ongoing.”