HAWICK Waverley are still on course for the ‘double quintet’ after a comfortable win over rivals Hawick United to make the Beveridge Cup final.

Waverley won 4-0 under the Albert Park floodlights on Friday night, with goals coming from Dean McColm, Taylor Hope, Paul Hossack and an own goal.

With Waverley having already bagged the Border Cup, on verge of winning Division A and in the latter stages of the Waddell and South cups, the Teries have a great chance of retaining all five trophies.

A Waverley spokesman said: “We will face Chirnside United in the final who we have already beaten in the Border Cup final earlier this season but we know it will be a tough game.”

Chirnside reached the final in style, hammering Tweeddale Rovers 7-1 in Peebles. Conor Lough scored two for the Berwickshire men who will look to lift their second Beveridge Cup in three seasons.

Tweedmouth Amateurs continued their fine season with a superb 4-3 win over Jed Legion to make the Waddell Cup semi-finals.

The Division B leaders knocked out Division A side Jed thanks to two goals from Aaron Hope alongside Kyle Wood and Shane Macgregor strikes.

Tweedmouth are also in the Walls Cup final and will face Langlee Amateurs after the Galashiels side thrashed Duns Amateurs 5-1 with goals from Des Sutherland, Billy Miller, Liam Wallace, Tyler Smith and Michael Blackwood.

In the Sanderson Cup, Ancrum will play Selkirk Victoria in the final after both sides enjoyed differing semi-final wins.

Ancrum trailed Melrose at half time but came back to win 3-2, with Jordan Nuttall’s double and Stuart Spence goal proving enough to take the Villagers through, but the Vics won comfortably 5-0 over St Boswells to make their first final in eight years.

Stow’s six year stay in Division A ended on Saturday, albeit in spirited fashion with a 1-1 draw at second placed Greenlaw.

Hagen Steele’s penalty put Stow ahead but Ryan Beveridge equalised to see Stow go down.

Stow boss Kenny Donaldson said: “We are disappointed but the point has at least given us a chance of not finishing bottom of the table.”

Jack Hay’s double helped Newtown to record a thumping 8-1 win in their local derby with Earlston Rhymers to pull themselves back into the Division B promotion race.

And in Division C, Tweedmouth Harrow broke the 100-goal mark with a big win at Tweeddale Rovers Colts, with Martyn Tait scoring a hat-trick.