FIVE Borders clubs will enter the South Cup quarter finals after a dramatic afternoon which included two penalty shootouts.

Ben Gettel sent Stow into the last eight at Musselburgh Windsor as he scored the decisive spot kick after both teams drew 0-0 in normal time.

Hawick Waverley squeezed past Greenlaw 4-3 on penalties after both sides drew 1-1 with Taylor Hope scoring for Hawick and Kevin Wemyss for Greenlaw.

Langlee Amateurs’ home clash with Chirnside United was also expected to be close but instead it was a thumping 9-1 win for Langlee, as Josh Loftus scored a hat-trick. Billy Miller added a double, while Shaun Hardie, Sean Pringle, Charlie Green and Des Sutherland netted a goal each.

Duns Amateurs made it 18 goals in two games as they thrashed Coatbridge team Dalserf Thistle 8-0.

Ciaran Ellison notched a treble, Dougie Brydon and Luke Strangeways two each and Sean Spoor added an eighth.

Andrew Crawford scored all four as Newtown knocked out Law Community but there were heavy defeats for Earlston Rhymers and Hawick United.

Gala Hotspur got their Division B promotion campaign back on track as Stewart Robertson and Fraser Brown scored in a 2-0 win at Kelso Thistle.

However, John Crawford’s double means Tweedmouth Harrow remain clear at the top as they won 3-0 against Coldstream.

Ancrum moved into third as Euan Gray’s double saw the Bridgend men edge out Berwick Colts 3-2, but Tweedmouth Amateurs’ hopes of promotion look slim after Kyle Kivlichan scored two in Leithen Rovers’ 4-1 victory.

In November, Selkirk Victoria looked well on course for promotion from Division C.

Yet three months on, the Vics are now in the midst of a five game losing run, with their latest a 3-2 defeat to leaders Melrose who saw Ashley Langford score two.

Welsh Curran put Gala Fairydean Rovers ahead against Highfields United, but Martin Inglis’ header shared the points.

There were also wins for Tweeddale Rovers Colts, Hawick Legion and Lauder.

And the only Division A game to take place saw Jed Legion and Tweeddale Rovers play out a goalless draw.