QUICK starting BSC stretched their lead at the top with a 4-0 win over Vale of Leithen.

Jack Smith and Gary Redpath both found the net inside the opening three minutes at Victoria Park.

Martin Grehan and Ciaran Donnelly rounded off a convincing display with further strikes.

Manager Stephen Swift said: “We had a dream start by scoring two inside three minutes.

“It was a really professional performance on a difficult pitch.

“We knew today was a big opportunity, with East Kilbride and Spartans playing each other, to open the gap and I’m delighted we won the points.”

A Ross McNeil header allowed East Kilbride to leapfrog Spartans into second.

The 1-0 victory keeps Billy Stark’s team five points behind BSC with a game in hand.

Paul Sludden netted twice as East Stirlingshire left Yarrow Park with a 3-0 win over Selkirk.

The 26-year-old former Falkirk striker believes Shire can still challenge despite a poor start.

He said: “If we can show some consistency and play each week like we did today then we can get back up there and challenge.

“Selkirk have started the season well so today was all about coming here and getting the three points.”

Andy Rodgers also scored for John Sludden’s team.

Edinburgh University edged an eight goal thriller with Edusport Academy at Peffermill.

Jack Guthrie, Mark Gair and Nathan Evans had given the Students a commanding 3-0 lead at half time.

But Connor Higgins, Louis Bable and Raffi Krissian responded for Edusport to draw level.

But Uni netted a further twice in the final 10 minutes to win 5-3.

Adam Watson and Sean Paliczka were both on target as Gala Fairydean Rovers left Islecroft Stadium with a 2-0 win over struggling Dalbeattie Star.

Star’s Steven Degnam was sent off after an hour.

Ryan Mckenzie, Dylan Weldon, Jack Wright and Gary Nicholson all scored as Whitehill Welfare beat bottom side Hawick Royal Albert 4-1.

David McCaughie scored the consolation for Craig Tully’s team.

Matt Cunningham cancelled out Sean Brown’s second minute opener as Civil Service earned a 1-1 draw with Cumbernauld Colts at Broadwood.

Stirling University beat Gretna 1-0 at Raydale Park.