East Kilbride’s title celebrations will have to wait for another week after they were held to a draw at Civil Service Strollers.


Sean Winter’s first half penalty was cancelled out in the second half by David Stewart.

East Stirlingshire kept the title race alive by coming from behind to beat Hawick Royal Albert in the evening kick off.

An Andy Rodgers double and strikes from Paul Sludden and Derek Ure gave Shire the 4-2 victory at Albert Park.

The defeat leaves Hawick second bottom.

Manager Kevin Milne said: “It is really disappointing to twice have the lead and still be beaten.”

The Albert’s goals came from Hamish Hunter and Kris Mitchell.

Former Morton striker Aidan Ferris grabbed a hat-trick as BSC Glasgow left Victoria Park with a 6-2 win over Vale of Leithen.

Ferris, who is now on 16 goals for the season, said: “Our form hasn’t been great so it’s good to get the win.

“That’s my second hat-trick of the season so I’m obviously delighted but winning was the most important thing today.”

Selkirk edged further away from the bottom with a 1-1 draw against Gretna at Raydale.

Phil Addison struck inside 90 seconds but Jordan Little grabbed the home equaliser with just five minutes remaining.

Blair Lyons scored two with Riccardo Corrieri also netting for Jamie Hamilton’s team.

Jason Stevens scored both of Vale’s consolation goals.

Third-placed Spartans were held to a 1-1 draw by Gala Fairydean Rovers at Ainslie Park.

Jack Beesley netted for the home team in the first half before Darren Smith levelled just after the break.

Gala manager Steven Noble said: “It was disappointing to go behind as we were playing well. The boys showed great character as Spartans is a difficult place to come.”

Stirling University moved into fourth with a convincing 3-0 win over Whitehill Welfare at the Falkirk Stadium.

Danny Ashe, Paul McCafferty and Chris Geddes all scored during the first half for Shelley Kerr’s team.

Edinburgh University climbed up to 10th after upsetting Dalbeattie Star 2-1 at Islecroft.

George Nickoladas and Nathan Evans were on target for the Students while Iain Anderson netted for the home team.